This compact SteriPEN® UV purifier is USB rechargeable, letting you charge it from computers, wall or car USB chargers, and many solar panels. The tapered neck fits into commercial single-use water bottles, so you can disinfect bottles bought from dodgy sources, and refill that bottle from the tap at your hostel.
- Immerse the lamp and stir. Shortwave ultraviolet light disrupts the DNA of bacteria, viruses, and protozoa, rendering them harmless. Smile icon lets you know when your water is safe to drink.
- Treats 0.5L in 48 seconds. 1L volumes can be disinfected by treating twice.
- UV lamp supplies about 8000 1L treatments.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery treats about 50L per charge.
- Charge times are 2–3 hours from the wall, 3–5 hours via USB.
- Note: UV devices are intended for treating clear water. They have been shown to reduce microbial contamination in mildly turbid water. If you are treating highly turbid water, follow all package instruction carefully and consider pre-filtering the water.