A pocket-sized water purifier for any adventure. Toss the SteriPEN® Ultralight UV in your carry-on, backpack or emergency kit so you'll always be able to make clean water. The USB-rechargeable battery is easy to top up from your computer, a wall charger, a solar panel or a car. No buttons, no moving parts – just fill your water bottle from a creek, rain barrel or tap, then submerge the lamp and stir to create clean, potable water.
- Immerse the lamp and stir. Shortwave ultraviolet light disrupts the DNA of bacteria, viruses and protozoa, rendering them harmless.
- LED indicates purification status and when battery is low.
- Treatment of 1L takes approximately 90 seconds.
- UV lamp supplies about 8000 1L treatments.
- USB-rechargeable battery treats about 20L per charge.
- Note: UV devices are intended for treating clear water. They have been shown to reduce microbial contamination in mildly turbid water. If you are treating highly turbid water, follow all package instruction carefully and consider pre-filtering the water.